Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 107

Thread: Best ways to Seven Stars or "Diamond in a Day" for Caesars properties around the US

  1. #41
    Cubic Zirconia
    Reputation
    10
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    1

    Exclamation

    Remember that visitors to Mississippi who receive a W-2G for a Jackpot will be required to have a non-refundable 3% State Tax deducted from the Jackpot.

    In Louisiana, State taxes will be deducted from the Jackpot but you must file Form IT-540B, Nonresident and Part-year Resident Form to have a portion removed. This should be considered when playing $5 and $10 VP.

  2. #42
    Cubic Zirconia
    Reputation
    10
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    2
    Hi,

    I found this forum while looking for a method to get to Diamond level. Thanks, all, for the great information. I'd like to reciprocate.

    Last week I had occasion to visit Atlantic City. According to this thread, Harrah's and Ballys are the places to try this DiaD method, so we stayed at Harrah's. I followed the directions mentioned above and went to the high limit slot area. There is indeed a row of VP machines near the emergency exit door. I saw the Triple Double Bonus game, but not one with a deal/draw payout table. I looked at every machine in the high limit area. Over the course of the weekend, I asked three different slot attendants, each of whom searched their computer and asked colleagues. Not only did none of them know of this machine, but not one had heard of this kind of payout at all, even after I showed them a picture of it on my phone. I'm not saying that the machines don't exist, but maybe they are not in the high limit room. Perhaps they were, but I could not find them.

    Also, I'd like to offer some advice for people on here that are new to VP play (which includes myself). I played for over two hours at a triple double bonus machine, $25/hand, lost $250, and made only 800 tier credits. I left the machine dejectedly, figuring I had done something wrong and ready to give up the DiaD dream. It was hours later, after rereading this thread, that I figured out my mistake. I went back to the machine I was on and sure enough there was a sticker directly under the screen I had stared at for almost two and a half hours: $20 to 1. I was so mad at myself, wasting my time, wasting my money.

    But I learned a valuable lesson: Always Pay Attention! Whether it be examining the hand you were dealt, the pay table, or the tier rate, always make sure you know exactly where you are.

    My next session that day was at a poorly paid JoB game, same bets, but this time $10 to 1. Racked up 1700 credits pretty quickly (in comparison). I would have kept going to get my diamond, but it was late and I had a long drive the next day. So, I did manage to get 2500 credits and the 5,000 bonus (and a host - Harrah's must be hard up). Up to 11,500. Next trip will surely hit the diamond.

    Nick

  3. #43
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4306
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    29,669
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickdel View Post
    Hi,

    I found this forum while looking for a method to get to Diamond level. Thanks, all, for the great information. I'd like to reciprocate.

    Last week I had occasion to visit Atlantic City. According to this thread, Harrah's and Ballys are the places to try this DiaD method, so we stayed at Harrah's. I followed the directions mentioned above and went to the high limit slot area. There is indeed a row of VP machines near the emergency exit door. I saw the Triple Double Bonus game, but not one with a deal/draw payout table. I looked at every machine in the high limit area. Over the course of the weekend, I asked three different slot attendants, each of whom searched their computer and asked colleagues. Not only did none of them know of this machine, but not one had heard of this kind of payout at all, even after I showed them a picture of it on my phone. I'm not saying that the machines don't exist, but maybe they are not in the high limit room. Perhaps they were, but I could not find them.

    Also, I'd like to offer some advice for people on here that are new to VP play (which includes myself). I played for over two hours at a triple double bonus machine, $25/hand, lost $250, and made only 800 tier credits. I left the machine dejectedly, figuring I had done something wrong and ready to give up the DiaD dream. It was hours later, after rereading this thread, that I figured out my mistake. I went back to the machine I was on and sure enough there was a sticker directly under the screen I had stared at for almost two and a half hours: $20 to 1. I was so mad at myself, wasting my time, wasting my money.

    But I learned a valuable lesson: Always Pay Attention! Whether it be examining the hand you were dealt, the pay table, or the tier rate, always make sure you know exactly where you are.

    My next session that day was at a poorly paid JoB game, same bets, but this time $10 to 1. Racked up 1700 credits pretty quickly (in comparison). I would have kept going to get my diamond, but it was late and I had a long drive the next day. So, I did manage to get 2500 credits and the 5,000 bonus (and a host - Harrah's must be hard up). Up to 11,500. Next trip will surely hit the diamond.

    Nick
    Hi and welcome to the forum.

    nerakil (a user here) is the one who found that Triple Double machine with Deal/Draw. Maybe he can tell us if it's still there.

    Bally's has a Double Bonus Poker machine for $5/credit which returns 99.11% and is $10/tier credit.

  4. #44
    Cubic Zirconia nerakil's Avatar
    Reputation
    15
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickdel View Post
    Hi,

    I found this forum while looking for a method to get to Diamond level. Thanks, all, for the great information. I'd like to reciprocate.

    Last week I had occasion to visit Atlantic City. According to this thread, Harrah's and Ballys are the places to try this DiaD method, so we stayed at Harrah's. I followed the directions mentioned above and went to the high limit slot area. There is indeed a row of VP machines near the emergency exit door. I saw the Triple Double Bonus game, but not one with a deal/draw payout table. I looked at every machine in the high limit area. Over the course of the weekend, I asked three different slot attendants, each of whom searched their computer and asked colleagues. Not only did none of them know of this machine, but not one had heard of this kind of payout at all, even after I showed them a picture of it on my phone. I'm not saying that the machines don't exist, but maybe they are not in the high limit room. Perhaps they were, but I could not find them.

    Also, I'd like to offer some advice for people on here that are new to VP play (which includes myself). I played for over two hours at a triple double bonus machine, $25/hand, lost $250, and made only 800 tier credits. I left the machine dejectedly, figuring I had done something wrong and ready to give up the DiaD dream. It was hours later, after rereading this thread, that I figured out my mistake. I went back to the machine I was on and sure enough there was a sticker directly under the screen I had stared at for almost two and a half hours: $20 to 1. I was so mad at myself, wasting my time, wasting my money.

    But I learned a valuable lesson: Always Pay Attention! Whether it be examining the hand you were dealt, the pay table, or the tier rate, always make sure you know exactly where you are.

    My next session that day was at a poorly paid JoB game, same bets, but this time $10 to 1. Racked up 1700 credits pretty quickly (in comparison). I would have kept going to get my diamond, but it was late and I had a long drive the next day. So, I did manage to get 2500 credits and the 5,000 bonus (and a host - Harrah's must be hard up). Up to 11,500. Next trip will surely hit the diamond.

    Nick
    Nick,

    The $1|$2|$5 Deal/Draw TDB games are on the "Five Star Poker" VP machines in the Harrah's AC High Limit Room.

    There are two machines back-to-back, with identifying numbers AT03 14476 and AT04 14023.

    Name:  IMG_0497.JPG
Views: 2314
Size:  1.36 MB

    For reference, the "theo" on these machines is set at 3.9%. You should use this information to your advantage when it comes to back-end comps.

    Good luck on your next trip to Atlantic City.

    -nerakil

    ---

    Druff: An update on the 99.11% Double Bonus machines at Bally's Park Place (High Limit Room). On two specific machines, $2 denom is offered, along with $5, $10, $25 denoms (...is that Rob Singer's car behind me?). Machine numbers: MS09 26816 and MS10 26817.

    Name:  IMG_0502.JPG
Views: 2322
Size:  1.95 MB

     
    Comments
      
      Dan Druff: great info
    Last edited by nerakil; 05-11-2017 at 09:00 AM.

  5. #45
    Cubic Zirconia
    Reputation
    10
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by nerakil View Post

    Nick,

    The $1|$2|$5 Deal/Draw TDB games are on the "Five Star Poker" VP machines in the Harrah's AC High Limit Room.

    There are two machines back-to-back, with identifying numbers AT03 14476 and AT04 14023.

    Name:  IMG_0497.JPG
Views: 2314
Size:  1.36 MB

    For reference, the "theo" on these machines is set at 3.9%. You should use this information to your advantage when it comes to back-end comps.

    Good luck on your next trip to Atlantic City.

    -nerakil


    Name:  IMG_0502.JPG
Views: 2322
Size:  1.95 MB
    nerakil,

    Wow, that is specific! Thanks a lot for the info. I recognize the area in the picture, not sure why/how I missed those Five Star machines, but whatever the reason, I appreciate your assistance.

    As for "theo," I am researching the concept and how I can apply it. I think I mentioned that I've never really played slots before other than just fooling around next to my wife. Going to have to study this stuff some more. I had no idea it was so involved.

    Anyway, thanks again, nerakil, for the information and the assistance, and dan druff for calling on ya.

    -Nick

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by nerakil View Post
    Druff: An update on the 99.11% Double Bonus machines at Bally's Park Place (High Limit Room). On two specific machines, $2 denom is offered, along with $5, $10, $25 denoms (...is that Rob Singer's car behind me?). Machine numbers: MS09 26816 and MS10 26817.
    great news about $2 db! now only quad Aces and a Royal will get you a w2-G.

    and since it pays 55 for a straight flush (per dan druffs post), it seems like the best game to play in AC.
    the return with 55 for a straight flush is 99.2%
    Last edited by EasyGame; 05-23-2017 at 03:52 AM.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I ran 150,000 tier credits (50,000 base tiers) during my January trip and didn't hit a single royal, despite doing it primarily on $1 5-play.

    Needless to say, I lost.
    whoa.. $500k coin-in through $1 5play 9/6 JoB w/o a Royal?
    100k hands (aka 20k screens of 5play) is about 2.5 Royal cycles. ouch...

    why did you play this instead of $5 nsud at Cherokee?
    lower variance?
    or you prefer not risk driving an hr on icy roads from the airport to Cherokee?

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Atlantic City

    Caesars properties in Atlantic City aren't very good for earning tier credits, with two exceptions:

    Bally's Atlantic City (updated April 2017)
    Double Bonus Poker: $5/$10 per credit, 1 play. 99.11% return. Note that this is Double Bonus Poker, not Double Double Bonus. These are located in the high limit room. The paytable is 9 for a full house, 7 for a flush, 5 for a straight, quads at 50/80/160, and 55 for a straight flush. Verify these payouts before playing. You will run up tier credits fairly quickly at this machine, due to the high limits -- about 2500 tiers in 2 hours at the $5 level, and about 5000 tiers in 2 hours at the $10 level.
    Average loss getting to Diamond: $445
    Average loss getting to Seven Stars: $4450
    Anyone know what the Theo these 99.11% games are set to?

    i played them several times over the weekend but never saw a host at the desk in front of the high limit room so i couldn't ask what my theo loss was on that machine.
    i also walked past there many more times throughout the weekend and still never saw anyone sit there.
    Last edited by EasyGame; 06-07-2017 at 11:52 AM.

  9. #49
    Thanks, Dan and others, for this amazing thread!

    I'm wanting to earn my DiaD in the very near future, but am facing a dilemma. My main interest in DiaD would be the perks, but am also hoping that $50k coin-in might lead to future room comps. My main market for gambling will for sure be Vegas, though I live in Southern California.

    I would rather earn DiaD where the expected cost is less than Vegas (currently, if my math is right, about $775 unless I wanted to spend 20 hours at the Rio at the $1 single play Bonus Poker machine.) By a weird confluence of circumstances, I may have the opportunity within the next month to earn it either in North Carolina, or Lake Tahoe, or (of course) Southern California. Unusual, because I don't travel much nationally.

    BUT. . .if any room comps that may follow in the wake of earning DiaD are market-specific, then I guess I'd really need to earn it in Vegas since that is where I'm really hoping for comps. I understand that DiaD perks and comps are not the same thing, with the latter being based on ADT, etc.. . .but it's my understanding from some folks that being Diamond I might certainly have the avilability of some midweek room comps in Vegas if I earn it there.

    Any thoughts from people with more experience at this would be greatly welcome, especially since I need to make my travel plans soon! Thanks!

  10. #50
    I did Diad at cherokee NC last year and got a bunch of hotel offers there (they seem to have finally died down a year later after taking them up a few times but no additional play), so yes I'd expect the room comps to mainly be at the casino you played, but im far from an expert

  11. #51
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4306
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    29,669
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandalay View Post
    Thanks, Dan and others, for this amazing thread!

    I'm wanting to earn my DiaD in the very near future, but am facing a dilemma. My main interest in DiaD would be the perks, but am also hoping that $50k coin-in might lead to future room comps. My main market for gambling will for sure be Vegas, though I live in Southern California.

    I would rather earn DiaD where the expected cost is less than Vegas (currently, if my math is right, about $775 unless I wanted to spend 20 hours at the Rio at the $1 single play Bonus Poker machine.) By a weird confluence of circumstances, I may have the opportunity within the next month to earn it either in North Carolina, or Lake Tahoe, or (of course) Southern California. Unusual, because I don't travel much nationally.

    BUT. . .if any room comps that may follow in the wake of earning DiaD are market-specific, then I guess I'd really need to earn it in Vegas since that is where I'm really hoping for comps. I understand that DiaD perks and comps are not the same thing, with the latter being based on ADT, etc.. . .but it's my understanding from some folks that being Diamond I might certainly have the avilability of some midweek room comps in Vegas if I earn it there.

    Any thoughts from people with more experience at this would be greatly welcome, especially since I need to make my travel plans soon! Thanks!
    Keep in mind that you are probably not going to hit a royal while making Diamond, so you need to add about $1000 to the expected loss in that case.

    So add that $1000 on to the average loss, and then ask yourself if it's still worth it.

    Seven Stars is a bit different because the chance of hitting a royal is much higher, thus bringing you (likely) closer to the theoretical loss.

    Room/offer perks in Vegas will vary. But they won't last all that long (probably 6 months), so make sure you redeem them.

  12. #52
    Bronze
    Reputation
    17
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandalay View Post
    Thanks, Dan and others, for this amazing thread!

    I'm wanting to earn my DiaD in the very near future, but am facing a dilemma. My main interest in DiaD would be the perks, but am also hoping that $50k coin-in might lead to future room comps. My main market for gambling will for sure be Vegas, though I live in Southern California.

    I would rather earn DiaD where the expected cost is less than Vegas (currently, if my math is right, about $775 unless I wanted to spend 20 hours at the Rio at the $1 single play Bonus Poker machine.) By a weird confluence of circumstances, I may have the opportunity within the next month to earn it either in North Carolina, or Lake Tahoe, or (of course) Southern California. Unusual, because I don't travel much nationally.

    BUT. . .if any room comps that may follow in the wake of earning DiaD are market-specific, then I guess I'd really need to earn it in Vegas since that is where I'm really hoping for comps. I understand that DiaD perks and comps are not the same thing, with the latter being based on ADT, etc.. . .but it's my understanding from some folks that being Diamond I might certainly have the avilability of some midweek room comps in Vegas if I earn it there.

    Any thoughts from people with more experience at this would be greatly welcome, especially since I need to make my travel plans soon! Thanks!
    Keep in mind that you are probably not going to hit a royal while making Diamond, so you need to add about $1000 to the expected loss in that case.

    So add that $1000 on to the average loss, and then ask yourself if it's still worth it.

    Seven Stars is a bit different because the chance of hitting a royal is much higher, thus bringing you (likely) closer to the theoretical loss.

    Room/offer perks in Vegas will vary. But they won't last all that long (probably 6 months), so make sure you redeem them.

    Why not play the single 0 roulette machine if someone only wants diamond? 140 on black and red, 8 on 0 it's an expected loss of 1500 ish to hit diamond. I have 1k their credit right now and I'm currently platinum with no clue about video poker. Do you think video poker is better since there's a chance I could come out ahead?

  13. #53
    Thanks for the info Todd. Will have to make a trip to Ballys Atlantic City soon and look for these VP machines.

  14. #54
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4306
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    29,669
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Drawingdead View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

    Keep in mind that you are probably not going to hit a royal while making Diamond, so you need to add about $1000 to the expected loss in that case.

    So add that $1000 on to the average loss, and then ask yourself if it's still worth it.

    Seven Stars is a bit different because the chance of hitting a royal is much higher, thus bringing you (likely) closer to the theoretical loss.

    Room/offer perks in Vegas will vary. But they won't last all that long (probably 6 months), so make sure you redeem them.

    Why not play the single 0 roulette machine if someone only wants diamond? 140 on black and red, 8 on 0 it's an expected loss of 1500 ish to hit diamond. I have 1k their credit right now and I'm currently platinum with no clue about video poker. Do you think video poker is better since there's a chance I could come out ahead?
    Where is single-zero roulette? And what makes you sure that they are going to rate you properly on your bets to hit Diamond? I would think this would take forever to do.

  15. #55
    Cubic Zirconia nerakil's Avatar
    Reputation
    15
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Where is single-zero roulette? And what makes you sure that they are going to rate you properly on your bets to hit Diamond? I would think this would take forever to do.
    Bally Technology single-zero video roulette can be found everywhere in Atlantic City. $20 coin-in earns 1 TC and 1 RC. House edge of 2.70% on outside bets only (inside bets have a higher house edge: e.g. 33 to 1 straight up).

    Name:  IMG_0063.JPG
Views: 1410
Size:  1.63 MB

    ---

    New Installation: $1|$2|$5 Deal/Draw TDB game (99.22%) now on the "Five Star Poker" VP machine in Bally's AC "Diamond Pointe" High Limit Room. This is one of the best "practical" full-pay games in AC to earn Seven Stars status.

    Name:  IMG_0060.JPG
Views: 1433
Size:  1.05 MB

     
    Comments
      
      Dan Druff: good info

  16. #56
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4306
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    29,669
    Blog Entries
    2
    Is the Deal/Draw TDB machine in Harrah's AC still there?

    Is the one you posted above the same paytables as that machine, or not?

  17. #57
    Cubic Zirconia nerakil's Avatar
    Reputation
    15
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Is the Deal/Draw TDB machine in Harrah's AC still there?

    Is the one you posted above the same paytables as that machine, or not?
    Yes, all four machines (two in High Limit Room, two on main casino floor) are still at Harrah's Resort AC.

    Paytables are identical (Deal: 50/20/10 | Draw: 9/7/4).

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by nerakil View Post
    New Installation: $1|$2|$5 Deal/Draw TDB game (99.22%) now on the "Five Star Poker" VP machine in Bally's AC "Diamond Pointe" High Limit Room. This is one of the best "practical" full-pay games in AC to earn Seven Stars status.
    if they're in the same location, I would rather play the 99.11% db than the 99.2% deal draw mainly because of the astronomical odds of hitting that $60k dealt royal in deal draw.
    it's the same odds as being hit by lightning.

    that dealt royal is worth like .9%.
    so w/o it, i consider it a 98.3% return game (99.2 - .9)

    what does Bally's give as the theo for the deal draw game ?

    also, what do you mean by practical? taking into account the coin-in rate per TC?
    Last edited by EasyGame; 08-25-2017 at 02:23 PM.

  19. #59
    Hi all,
    We're going to Harrah's Tahoe next week, staying 4 days. I am half way to diamond and determined to reach the required 15000 TC's within the first two days. Assuming I do, what is anyone's experience with how long the bonus tiers take to hit your account? Do people that make DiaD really walk away with a new card and all the perks that go along with it - that day?

    While our stay is comped as platinum, we do get charged for resort fees. If I make diamond on day 2, is it unreasonable to expect the last two days resort fees be waived?

  20. #60
    Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Reputation
    1164
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    ☆BIG REPUTATION☆ Only poster in PFA history to average over 1 rep/post with 1K+ posts.
    Posts
    10,588
    If you are gambling halfway to diamond on one trip u should not only get that back but also every dollar you charged to the room as well.
    Take me down to the Parvati City where the reps are green and the girls are pretty. Take me home.

    STILL the most posts deleted. STILL the FBI is harassing me. STILL double the reputation of any poster. STILL quadruple the rep/post ratio of any poster. STILL BGC.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-11-2017, 03:10 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-28-2015, 01:14 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-07-2014, 05:06 PM
  4. New rumor on Stars Full Tilt Deal says it's "Done"
    By Steve-O in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 05-31-2013, 05:57 AM
  5. Howard Lederer said to be "partying in Vegas" over the FTP sale to Stars
    By Dan Druff in forum Scams, Scandals, and Shadiness
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-21-2012, 12:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •