Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: What is a Main Event Bracelet Worth?

  1. #1
    Master of Props Daly's Avatar
    Reputation
    1436
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,005

    What is a Main Event Bracelet Worth?

    Its you, me and a few real close confidants on our rail who were invited up to Druffs suite at the Rio. I just knocked out the third to last player in the main event of the WSOP. A 1 hour break started 5 minutes ago and we are basically dead even in chips. We are both guaranteed $5M as second place $$. At stake is the incremental $3.8M and the title of world champion, the bracelet, the endorsements, the invitations to private games, 30 minute interview with Todd on PFA Radio and all the other stuff that comes along with being world champion.

    After dreaming for 5 minutes we come to our senses and realize exactly how much an additional $3.8M really is so we talk chop. We decide that there will only be a brokered chop and the result will be fixed once we leave the room.

    How much extra in the chop should your or I get in the chop to be the one to walk away with the bracelet?

    Derivative question: what if im 45 and you are 25? How does that factor if at all

  2. #2
    Master of Props Daly's Avatar
    Reputation
    1436
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,005
    21 views and no answers.

    Im having a hard time with it too.

  3. #3
    Gold duped_samaritan's Avatar
    Reputation
    298
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,695
    Does Bracelet = Title? Or are we talking about just the value of the physical Bracelet?
    We also have to consider how much you sold of yourself and how that will factor in - obviously the title and bracelet are worth much more to you than your backers/swaps.

    TIL last years bracelet contains "is intricately assembled from over 40 uniquely-cast parts and crafted with 427 grams of white and yellow gold. The entire bracelet features 356 white diamonds totaling 25.5 carats, 626 black diamonds totaling 14.8 carats, and 194 rubies at an outstanding 3.8 carats."

    and...The winning cards!?


    Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    Last edited by duped_samaritan; 07-09-2018 at 05:54 PM.

  4. #4
    I would never want the bracelet and the title handed to me in any way but if my opponent wanted to "buy" the bracelet off of me I would make him give me the entire 3.8 million. Those ages don't mean much, 45 is still relatively young and you'd be able to milk a good 30 years out of that title assuming you don't meet an early
    unforseen demise.

    Personally I still would not sell even for even 3.8 Million when I have 5 million in hand already. The Main Event bracelet and prestige will always give you cachet for the rest of your life and has too many future potential benefits to be had to just hand away.

  5. #5
    Gold duped_samaritan's Avatar
    Reputation
    298
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,695
    Quote Originally Posted by BiffCo99 View Post
    I would never want the bracelet and the title handed to me in any way but if my opponent wanted to "buy" the bracelet off of me I would make him give me the entire 3.8 million. Those ages don't mean much, 45 is still relatively young and you'd be able to milk a good 30 years out of that title assuming you don't meet an early
    unforseen demise.

    Personally I still would not sell even for even 3.8 Million when I have 5 million in hand already. The Main Event bracelet and prestige will always give you cachet for the rest of your life and has too many future potential benefits to be had to just hand away.
    How much do you think the last 3 main even winners have cashed in for (other than the actual winnings)?

    If one of them sat down at your local game, how many players would recognize them?

    Being World Champ is awesome but nobody really cares that much anymore unless they have some sort of personal connection to the winner.

  6. #6
    An Actual Female
    Reputation
    313
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Mrs. Dials
    Posts
    914
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    21 views and no answers.

    Im having a hard time with it too.
    For best results: tweet @DutchBoyd

  7. #7
    Gold duped_samaritan's Avatar
    Reputation
    298
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,695
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore Trout View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    21 views and no answers.

    Im having a hard time with it too.
    For best results: tweet @DutchBoyd
    Or move to flying stupidity

     
    Comments
      
      Kilgore Trout: +100

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BiffCo99 View Post
    I would never want the bracelet and the title handed to me in any way but if my opponent wanted to "buy" the bracelet off of me I would make him give me the entire 3.8 million. Those ages don't mean much, 45 is still relatively young and you'd be able to milk a good 30 years out of that title assuming you don't meet an early
    unforseen demise.

    Personally I still would not sell even for even 3.8 Million when I have 5 million in hand already. The Main Event bracelet and prestige will always give you cachet for the rest of your life and has too many future potential benefits to be had to just hand away.
    How much do you think the last 3 main even winners have cashed in for (other than the actual winnings)?

    If one of them sat down at your local game, how many players would recognize them?

    Being World Champ is awesome but nobody really cares that much anymore unless they have some sort of personal connection to the winner.
    Fair points and I did consider that but the current poker climate is always subject to change and the bracelet and title does hold potential future unseen value. The eventual Legalization of US Online Poker for example could bring a long term sponsorship deal.

  9. #9
    Platinum mulva's Avatar
    Reputation
    324
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    4,782
    Blog Entries
    4
    i bring in the mail
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.



  10. #10
    Master of Props Daly's Avatar
    Reputation
    1436
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,005
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    Does Bracelet = Title? Or are we talking about just the value of the physical Bracelet?
    We also have to consider how much you sold of yourself and how that will factor in - obviously the title and bracelet are worth much more to you than your backers/swaps.

    TIL last years bracelet contains "is intricately assembled from over 40 uniquely-cast parts and crafted with 427 grams of white and yellow gold. The entire bracelet features 356 white diamonds totaling 25.5 carats, 626 black diamonds totaling 14.8 carats, and 194 rubies at an outstanding 3.8 carats."

    and...The winning cards!?


    Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    The entire package. The hardware, the title, the prestige..... what would you need in a chop for you to give it all away.

  11. #11
    think you have to look at the overall marketability of the person...

    if you are playing somebody in their 40s and older the title is going to be worth a lot less to that person because from a marketing perspective how much is that person going to actually be worth to a poker company (or any other company for that matter)? im just gonna bet that an online poker company isn't going to be looking to sign an older champion because that's not their audience...however if you are playing a decent looking chick in her 20s/early 30s or a dude who isn't a fucking slob in his 20s/early 30s then that title becomes a helluva lot more valuable (especially to a woman) in terms of marketing dollars...I would venture to guess that if an attractive woman in her 20s/early 30s won this whole thing that she could probably give up the entire difference between 1st and 2nd and still come out way ahead in terms of marketing opportunities if she was savvy and had her shit together to immediately capitalize on the fame that the title brought...poker obviously isn't terribly mainstream, but I still think that an attractive woman would be able to crossover and make a decent chunk of change on marketing opportunities...I would venture to guess that a first time woman champion would get some sorta moneymaker like deal with a site...

  12. #12
    The world finds no greater enjoyment than knocking folks off their pedestals.

    A brokered deal would leave the bracelet winner exposed to the scandalous truth.

    I imagine you want to suspend that issue from your hypothetical scenario.

    I am a member of a forum that has poker in its title. I still couldn’t tell you who won last year or even the past five. I am not even curious enough to look it up.

    I mean I lived at Foxwoods for 8 months 24/7 once upon a time and I still don’t seem to care.

    I remember walking in the door and there would be a pile of several different magazines like Bluff with players faces on the cover and stories. I was just in Vegas and it now occurs to me I never saw anything like those magazines floating around the rooms. The publications died cause randoms like me have moved on - the novelty wore off.

    Those publications are no longer given away in Foxwoods, right HoodedN?

    Take the cash and hire a publicist.

    I agree with GBCP above that a woman would garner popular interest.

  13. #13
    Master of Props Daly's Avatar
    Reputation
    1436
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,005
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    think you have to look at the overall marketability of the person...

    if you are playing somebody in their 40s and older the title is going to be worth a lot less to that person because from a marketing perspective how much is that person going to actually be worth to a poker company (or any other company for that matter)? im just gonna bet that an online poker company isn't going to be looking to sign an older champion because that's not their audience...however if you are playing a decent looking chick in her 20s/early 30s or a dude who isn't a fucking slob in his 20s/early 30s then that title becomes a helluva lot more valuable (especially to a woman) in terms of marketing dollars...I would venture to guess that if an attractive woman in her 20s/early 30s won this whole thing that she could probably give up the entire difference between 1st and 2nd and still come out way ahead in terms of marketing opportunities if she was savvy and had her shit together to immediately capitalize on the fame that the title brought...poker obviously isn't terribly mainstream, but I still think that an attractive woman would be able to crossover and make a decent chunk of change on marketing opportunities...I would venture to guess that a first time woman champion would get some sorta moneymaker like deal with a site...
    Factors into it.

    All these views and posts and still no $$ number.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    think you have to look at the overall marketability of the person...

    if you are playing somebody in their 40s and older the title is going to be worth a lot less to that person because from a marketing perspective how much is that person going to actually be worth to a poker company (or any other company for that matter)? im just gonna bet that an online poker company isn't going to be looking to sign an older champion because that's not their audience...however if you are playing a decent looking chick in her 20s/early 30s or a dude who isn't a fucking slob in his 20s/early 30s then that title becomes a helluva lot more valuable (especially to a woman) in terms of marketing dollars...I would venture to guess that if an attractive woman in her 20s/early 30s won this whole thing that she could probably give up the entire difference between 1st and 2nd and still come out way ahead in terms of marketing opportunities if she was savvy and had her shit together to immediately capitalize on the fame that the title brought...poker obviously isn't terribly mainstream, but I still think that an attractive woman would be able to crossover and make a decent chunk of change on marketing opportunities...I would venture to guess that a first time woman champion would get some sorta moneymaker like deal with a site...
    Factors into it.

    All these views and posts and still no $$ number.
    Name:  Capture9999.PNG
Views: 364
Size:  19.5 KB

    $8.3M
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  15. #15
    Master of Props Daly's Avatar
    Reputation
    1436
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,005
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

    Factors into it.

    All these views and posts and still no $$ number.
    Name:  Capture9999.PNG
Views: 364
Size:  19.5 KB

    $8.3M
    I appreciate the math of it and this is exactly what Im asking, but how did you get at $1M for endorsements?

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post

    Name:  Capture9999.PNG
Views: 364
Size:  19.5 KB

    $8.3M
    I appreciate the math of it and this is exactly what Im asking, but how did you get at $1M for endorsements?
    we're talking about a woman from like 25-35 (a younger version of jennicide who can use her looks to generate endorsement opportunities, not selbst's penis), so I figure there will be at least a $500-750K/year deal from a poker site...that might actually be a lowball estimate...then im assuming that this woman is going to try to maximize endorsements so that'll make up the rest of the money...if you think the site deal is worth more than you can increase that number...

    you figure by year 5 that some of the shine will wear off the non-poker endorsements so you drop $250K from total...then by year 11 you might get a reduced deal with a poker site (don't know what the hell moneymaker is bringing in from stars these days) and then by year 15 you won't really be marketable for much as a 40-50 year old...

    again I pulled these numbers outta my ass...if you think that you might make more right off the bat then you're probably looking at closer to $10-11M...or if you don't think the dropoff in earn will be that great then again you'll be closer to $10-11M...

  17. #17
    Name:  Capture9999.PNG
Views: 345
Size:  16.6 KB

    here's another scenario...you get to around $10.5-11M...

    here you get a 10 year deal for $1M per from a poker site (probably more reasonable) and in those first 5 years you capitalize on your title with outside endorsements valued at $250K...after year 5 nobody in the business world really gives a shit any more and you don't have any more non-poker deals (probably a bit extreme, if you were really trying to get a balls nailed down model you wouldn't make the drops in your endorsements so dramatic)...after year 10 your poker endorsement deal drops because you are 35-45 and not in the demo the sites are looking for (again this might be a little extreme)...after year 15 again you are pretty useless from an endorsement standpoint...


    this model doesn't apply to any of the schlubs who are going to make the final table this year...they'd be lucky to get a handjob and 100% rakeback...

  18. #18
    Gold ftpjesus's Avatar
    Reputation
    279
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Mesa AZ
    Posts
    2,206
    I believe when Josten's took over making the bracelet it was worth just south of 600k approximately those stones are all real and its a significant amount of 18k gold that forms the bracelet itself..
    Rule #1 in EMS: One way or another the bleeding will eventually stop..
    https://doublebitcoin.io/?ref=32b60f527758

  19. #19
    $500K to $600K is probably pretty accurate price for the 2018 WSOP Main Event Bracelet.

    If you're a foreigner or a woman, you could probably make an additional $1 million from endorsements.

    If you're an American male, fuck you, you are not going to make shit.

    How much do you think Scott Blumstein made (has left) from being last year's winner?




Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 52
    Last Post: 07-05-2018, 05:04 PM
  2. Replies: 167
    Last Post: 11-10-2013, 10:36 PM
  3. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-04-2013, 01:55 PM
  4. Event #62 July 7 $10000 NL Holdem Main Event
    By Dan Druff in forum 2013 World Series of Poker
    Replies: 232
    Last Post: 07-14-2013, 03:45 AM
  5. Event #61 July 7 $10000 NL Holdem Main Event
    By Dan Druff in forum 2012 World Series of Poker
    Replies: 102
    Last Post: 07-17-2012, 06:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •