Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 44

Thread: Jeff Bezos is getting very expensive divorce

  1. #1
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4303
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    29,648
    Blog Entries
    2

    Jeff Bezos is getting very expensive divorce

    Jeff Bezos has been married for 25 years, which predates the founding of Amazon by less than a year.

    Bezos was not super-rich prior to starting Amazon in 1994, but he was Princeton-educated, had worked various high-level IT/management jobs by then, and was already doing quite well.

    For whatever reason, he chose not to get a prenup when he married novelist Mackenzie Tuttle in 1993. He was 29 at the time, and already had decent money to his name, as well as very positive career prospects.

    He's the world's richest man, worth about $137 billion.

    He and his wife just announced their intention to get a divorce, after a long separation. Since all of the Amazon money came AFTER they were married, it is possible she will get half, making it the largest divorce settlement ever, by a wide margin.

    Reportedly Bezos had an affair. It doesn't appear to be a purely sexual affair, but rather a dating affair, where he has been secretly seeing Good Day LA Host Lauren Sanchez.

    I always felt that divorce laws were very unfair to very wealthy people. If one person was responsible for earning all of the money, there needs to be a cap (even if it's set fairly high) regarding the amount of money the spouse can get. There is no reason that Bezos' wife should be entitled to almost $70 billion simply for being married to the guy who founded Amazon. I agree she shouldn't walk away anything short of wealthy, but there does need to be some common-sense recognition of who actually made the money.

    This is especially true because the spouse can rarely claim in those situations that they gave up the opportunity to have made the same money by getting married. Clearly his wife would have earned only a tiny percentage of that amount of money if she never married him.

    I have always admired Bezos for a few reasons.

    First, he came from humble beginnings. His mom was a high school student. His dad was gone while he was a toddler, and his mom ended up marrying another man. Bezos was the name of the second man, who adopted him after his natural dad ran off. He worked at McDonald's as a teenager in high school. This was just a really smart guy who succeeded at every level of school, and then had an excellent business sense.

    Furthermore, his site was one of the few which weathered the 2001 dot-com bust, and in fact grew during that time. He never wanted the website to be gimmicky, flashy, or beautiful. He wanted the interface to be simple, familiar, and easy. He wanted customer service to be friendly and overly generous. He actually empowered his overseas telephone reps to make decisions regarding customer credit and other issues, which is highly unusual. Most companies have overseas reps reading from a script and following draconian rules.

    Pretty much everything he does manages to work, and he has shown that a large company can still be wildly successful while giving good customer service.

    This affair probably wasn't about looks.

    Laura Sanchez has the "botched plastic surgery" look:



    Mackenzie Bezos is still pretty for her age:




    I'm guessing Bezos just drifted apart from his wife (probably due to working so much), and somehow got to know Laura Sanchez and felt a connection with her.

    I wonder if more guys will starr getting prenups after this gargantuan divorce settlement is announced.

     
    Comments
      
      splitthis: Oh lord, how did your parent raise you?

  2. #2
    Bronze cleatus's Avatar
    Reputation
    5
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Here Lived, Murdered
    Posts
    239
    his worth increases by a billion every year.

    he could spend a million every hour for a thousand hours or a little less than 4 hours every business day for a year and be even. so go to work and spend 4 million before lunch every fucking day.

    how would anybody even find that much stuff. or enjoy any of it.

     
    Comments
      
      Mintjewlips: Hey hey hey hey hey your mom is getting her rectal exam in hell

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by cleatus View Post
    how would anybody even find that much stuff. or enjoy any of it.

    He can't, which is why he, like most self-made men of wealth, continue to throw themselves into their work.

  4. #4
    I doubt he gives two shits about giving his ex wife $50B (or whatever it will be).
    She isn’t going to spend it anyways, so it is going to go to the same place (their children) it would have anyways.

    And he still has plenty of capital to do whatever he wants business wise.
    I smoke color purple
    I'm up in here feeling like silly
    Nappy ass dreads, what's that you say?
    Watch your mouth, Milli Vanilli
    You can get snaked, you can get faked
    I'll buy the bitch that you feeling
    'Cause you thought that she was an angel
    That bitch ain't no angel, I treat her halo like a Frisbee

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    I doubt he gives two shits about giving his ex wife $50B (or whatever it will be).
    She isn’t going to spend it anyways, so it is going to go to the same place (their children) it would have anyways.

    And he still has plenty of capital to do whatever he wants business wise.
    You’re right

    The true HOF fortunes recently have been amassed without any regard to the total number. In each case it was about pursuing the process.

    Jobs, Zuck, Bezos. Besides, you got the “Giving Pledge” now with Buffet.

    These guys aren’t counting it every night. It’s pouring in so quick they fucking don’t worry about the number.

    Bezos doesn’t give a fuck about the pre-nup. That’s for guys on fixed incomes.

  6. #6
    Jeff Bezos will give up more than half his wealth. $137 Billion.

    His wife gets half his stock (50%) and the attorneys (5%) will make Billions too.


  7. #7
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4303
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    29,648
    Blog Entries
    2
    Sorry, but no matter how rich you are, I can't imagine not caring about your ex-wife walking off with $50+ billion.

    verminaard did bring up a good point that it will probably mostly end up eventually in the hands of their 4 children, who were likely going to get it anyway.

    But neither of them are likely dying any time soon, and she could get remarried and some other dude can start enjoying the fruits of his labor.

    If they didn't have kids, this would be far worse for him, because the money really would be gone. At least he knows the kids will probably still get it.

    Still, it has to sting. Unless he feels he deserves it because he was the one cheating.

  8. #8
    Lauren Sanchez was pretty hot in the early to mid-90's, but she's been through quite a few guys over the years.

    The soon-to-be-ex-wife looks a lot more low maintenance and hotter to me at this point.

  9. #9
    At 137 billion does it even matter?

    I feel like whether Bezos has 137 billion or 60 billion his life won’t change.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    At 137 billion does it even matter?

    I feel like whether Bezos has 137 billion or 60 billion his life won’t change.
    after you hit that 10th digit it has stopped mattering a looooooooooooooooooooooong time ago...

    the only way it doesn't matter is if you want a toy like none of your other ultra rich friends have (aka a pro sports team)...

  11. #11
    this is a trick so the courts force him to sell his stock, shit's gonna hit the fan something is gonna happen i'm calling it
    http://pokerfraudalert2.freeforums.net
    1 Peter 5:8 — "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:"

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe View Post
    this is a trick so the courts force him to sell his stock, shit's gonna hit the fan something is gonna happen i'm calling it
    i'm no financial expert but it's going to be pretty tough to sell off $70 billion or so of amazon stock in a short period of time

    and disagree with xfactor, no f'ing way their attorneys earn billions - they have probably worked out at least a frame work of some type of deal, and even if it gets ugly, no way either one of them is going to pay their attorneys 5 or 6 figures per hour
    Hi Lew!!!

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    i'm no financial expert but it's going to be pretty tough to sell off $70 billion or so of amazon stock in a short period of time
    i know it's crazy, I just remember one of the enron guys https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lou_Pai was forced to sell righ before the value plummeted because of an outrageous and conveniently timed divorce settlement

     
    Comments
      
      sonatine: ok seriously oh my god
    http://pokerfraudalert2.freeforums.net
    1 Peter 5:8 — "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:"

  14. #14
    Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    5073
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    22,237
    not to blow up any spots but neither he nor his soon to be ex wife seem to be taking anything close to an adversarial posture over this.

    honestly im guessing shes going to be like toss me 50m because we're pals and hes going to bink her an even hundo.

     
    Comments
      
      Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe: no, it's a fake divorce and amazon is about to get hit with anti trust shit but Trump's hands are tied because Bezos has pee tapes (plural)
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe View Post
    i know it's crazy, I just remember one of the enron guys https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lou_Pai was forced to sell righ before the value plummeted because of an outrageous and conveniently timed divorce settlement
    Breathtaking.

    Give her a free trip into space.

    Sears.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe View Post
    i know it's crazy, I just remember one of the enron guys https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lou_Pai was forced to sell righ before the value plummeted because of an outrageous and conveniently timed divorce settlement
    yeah, the amount of stock he was forced to sell is what bezos makes in a weekend
    Hi Lew!!!

  17. #17
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4303
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    29,648
    Blog Entries
    2
    Soooo... more has come out, but it still raises some questions.

    The National Enquirer somehow came up with some semi-embarrassing texts from Bezos to Sanchez, where were said to have been sent in April 2018.

    Bezos' people are claiming that it was an open secret that he and his wife were separated "for a long time", and that he began the Sanchez relationship when they were already separated (which doesn't really count as cheating).

    However, sources claim that Bezos and his wife separated in the fall of 2018, meaning that they were still together when the Sanchez affair began -- if those sources are correct.

    However, it's possible that Bezos and his wife declared themselves done with the marriage before they physically separated into two different households, and that the Sanchez affair really did begin after Bezos and his wife had mutually given up on the marriage. In that case, it's a "nothing to see here except two super-rich people getting divorced" situation.

    sonatine noted that the divorce seems to be amicable, which does appear to be the case. They put out positive statements about their time together, and it would make sense for his wife not to be bitter if they were already done before the "affair" began.

    Regarding the financial stuff, that's harder to figure out. But perhaps they already agreed to something prior to the official separation. Clearly this question had to come up when they knew the marriage was kaput. Maybe his wife really will be happy with something like $1 billion and the agreement that both would leave almost all of their money to the kids.

    Regarding the text messages, here are the two being widely circulated:

    I love you, alive girl. I will show you with my body, and my lips and my eyes, very soon.
    I want to smell you, I want to breathe you in. I want to hold you tight.… I want to kiss your lips…. I love you. I am in love with you.
    These texts are clearly more awkward than raunchy. The "I want to smell you" is straight out of the Jewdonk playbook. Much is being made of the "I love you, alive girl", but I have a feeling the "alive" part was an autocorrect typo. However, the cringeworthy "I will show you with my body" line is pretty indicative of a middle-aged guy married for 25 years, who has no idea how to flirt or sext in today's texting age.

    It also came out that Bezos and his wife were not yet ready to make their impeding divorce known, but the Enquirer made it clear they were about to print a story aboiut their separation and Bezos' "affair", so their hand was forced to beat the Enquirer to the punch.

  18. #18
    Silver Salty_Aus's Avatar
    Reputation
    145
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Gold Coast, QLD, Australia
    Posts
    988
    Seriously doubt she will go for every penny she can take.
    She'll say to herself I can live like a queen for the rest of my life on say 50 million + some property and then she will multiply that figure by ten or twenty times to make sure. If she demands anymore then a couple of billion I'll be very surprised... less of course she now hates him and wants him to suffer.

  19. #19
    Bronze cleatus's Avatar
    Reputation
    5
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Here Lived, Murdered
    Posts
    239
    Tellafriend and Sanlmar's idea about the process being Bezos' drive sounds most correct.

    Mackenzie is ugly as fuck with donkey teeth in a lantern jaw surrounded by squirrel cheek pouches. Still her, her (pretty good) fake titties and her millions will be chased by the likes of Peter DC for years. At some point she learned to keep her lips covering those chompers closed. 2nd pic is after Jeff tossed 2.5 mil to an equality initiative in WA. He'll give her most anything.

    Name:  no tits.jpg
Views: 509
Size:  238.6 KB

    Name:  keep your mouth closed.jpg
Views: 428
Size:  58.2 KB

     
    Comments
      
      Mintjewlips: I'm here forever I can do whatever I want whenever I want you cant stop me I'm gonna post everyday or when I feel like it

  20. #20
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4303
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    29,648
    Blog Entries
    2
    cleatus, I wouldn't call Mackenzie "ugly as fuck".

    I agree that she has big teeth, and her cheekbones are too prominent. However, she's also 48 years old, and she looks decent overall for that age.

    She does look much worse in the pics you posted, mainly because her hair was short (huge mistake if you have a long face like she does).

    Is she hot? No. Was she ever hot? I don't know, but I'm guessing probably not.

    Is she ugly? For a 48-year-old, she isn't. I'd say she's still above average for 48, based upon the pictures I've seen. She's also 5'7", thin, and as you pointed out, has top-dollar fake tits. The average middle aged guy could do much worse, lookswise.

    I definitely would rather fuck her than Laura Sanchez, who has the "plastic surgery didn't go well and face appears too tight" look.

    Kinda seems like Bezos is a dude who is more into personalities and connections than looks. Notice that, despite his billions and fame, he didn't run out and fuck every super-hot gold digger he could find. Instead, it appears he just transitioned into a new relationship with another chick whose looks definitely aren't anything to brag about.

    It's also worth noting that Bezos is short, skinny, and bald, so perhaps he doesn't really seek out the type of girl who would be out of his league if not for the money.

    Seems to me that Bezos is still just a computer nerd who likes having someone to talk to.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Amazon S3 is down. Bezos holds world hostage
    By Sanlmar in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-01-2017, 04:11 AM
  2. Video: this scooter run is the stuff of nightmares
    By Tellafriend in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-04-2017, 06:24 PM
  3. How does a prenup get challenged?
    By cmoney in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-24-2015, 04:07 AM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-08-2014, 05:40 PM
  5. gonna have nightmares about this
    By DRK Star in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-05-2013, 08:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •