Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whats my Play?

Comments

Sheesfaced: Lol
    Nothing is more obvious today than the single inability of capital and private enterprise to take care of themselves unaided by the state; they are all the while besieging legislatures for relief from their own incompetency, and "pleading the baby act" through a trained body of lawyers and lobbyists.

Lester Frank Ward

"When people see some things as good, other things become bad"
    Lao Tzu

Asked if he had every prayed, christopher Hitchens replied
    "once, for a hardon"

Quote Originally Posted by LegalizeMeth View Post
    Update: got a call from a customer service rep at MGM today who offered me $90 in food comps and $50 in free slot play in exchange for signing an agreement saying I won't sue them in the future. Unfortunately, Im basically the anti-druff (Im the guy who never sends food back cause I dont want them to spit in it) so obv instead of negotiating I just snap accepted the deal.
    This is a pretty good result. You might have been able to squeeze a bit more out of them with a reasonable counter-offer. Now if you had cut your tongue, bled profusely, and had to go to the hospital for stitches, we’d a had a real case.

One last thing, if you want maximum value, always correspond in writing. But you have to be careful not to make any damning admissions therein that might hurt your case down the road, so it’s a double edged sword.
    Last edited by Jayjami; 01-17-2019 at 08:03 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    This is a pretty good result. You might have been able to squeeze a bit more out of them with a reasonable counter-offer. Now if you had cut your tongue, bled profusely, and had to go to the hospital for stitches, we’d a had a real case.

One last thing, if you want maximum value, always correspond in writing. But you have to be careful not to make any damning admissions therein that might hurt your case down the road, so it’s a double edged sword.
    If you're looking to file a lawsuit (or threaten one), then I agree it should be in writing.

Otherwise, doing it in writing is a mistake. You will typically get a form letter type response and a very token gesture (maybe), and they'll send you on your way. It's much easier to say "no" (or give poor compensation) via a letter than telling someone in person. That's human nature.

I agree with the rest of what you wrote. The result itself wasn't bad, but he may have been able to do a bit better if he hemmed and hawed a bit about how traumatic that was, and then came back with something like "How about $100 freeplay and $150 food credit, and we can drop this and move on?" The worst they would have said would have been no. They wouldn't have taken the original offer off the table.

I also agree that he would have only had a real legal case if he actually hurt himself. I don't know why you red-repped my previous post, because all of my advice was sound, and in fact some of it was similar to what you wrote above.

Thread Information